Monday, May 10, 2010

Viva Mexico!

Bienvenido a mi blog! (A special welcome to my one reader, hi mom!)

For our fake third anniversary trip and perhaps premature babymoon, Rocky and I headed to sunny Cancun for a few days of R&R. We had a rough six days sipping (virgin daquiris -moi and mojitos, margaritas, cervezas-Rocklan), sleeping, and suntanning. I also managed to talk Rocky into some local Yucatan culture and we got to visit Chichen Itza, one of the new seven wonders. It was HOT, but beautiful and certainly a once in a lifetime experience.

Welcome strawberries at the hotel in honor of our "Anniversary."



First Dinner at the Argentinian Steakhouse-Puerto Madero
He gets a pretty glass of Argentinian Malbec and I get water with bubbles and a straw. Life isn't fair.



Fancy dinner at the Fancy hotel, seven courses, including three dessert courses, my kind of meal. They must have known I was eating for two.






Chichen Itza


The Observatory



The snake built into the side of the pyramid. On the spring equinox, the sun hits it just right to make it appear the snake is slithering down the side of the pyramid. The one time I fail to plan! Although maybe I planned better than I thought. At least I am not one of the stupid tourists being eaten by the fake snake. I pity the fool.


Strawberry fake-arita. Wouldn't you think that four days under an umbrella would keep me from burning? At least I have my double chin to keep me company.

And a great excuse to show off the beach and our wicked hot sunburns.


And the moment you all (hi mom!) have been waiting for. The thirteen week and one day money, I mean belly shot. Okay, it may mostly be chips and salsa or the three desserts, but play along, would you!








1 comment:

  1. I'm the second reader!! Can i get a shoutout in the next post to make me feel special? Or is the title of "reader #2" already taken?

    So excited to see the "money" shots over the next months :)

    ReplyDelete