Friday, February 4, 2011

Flashback Friday: Inaugural

My mom is coming back to town to check on me, umm, I mean Bennett. She scheduled her travel long before he fell to the evil RSV, it’s just a lucky coincidence that it happens to fall on a weekend when Rocky is out celebrating a dear friend’s bachelorhood. Now, he has no guilt gallivanting around town while his poor son wheezes his way back to good health.

Six years ago, my mom was in town for another reason, celebrating George W.’s second inaugural. Being the low-woman on the totem pole meant I was responsible for dispersing the Congressman’s ticket allotment to the inaugural address. Since it was 2004, and not 2008, there were copious amounts of leftover tickets. It appears that few Minnesotans were willing to travel to the nation’s capital to watch Bushy, umm, I mean the President take the oath. My mom and I had prime seats. If only I had the Republican Facebook, I’m sure I could have done a better job identifying the who’s who in their mink and diamonds as we sat in our seventh-row seats. I certainly wasn't catching anyone's attention in my fun fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment