Sunday, January 30, 2011

What We Learned: 3 Months

Our little man is three months old! According to the know-it-all baby development books, Bennett has left the fourth trimester and should begin to function more like a human and less like a needy blob of emotion, turmoil and poop. I suppose discovering your hands is the first sign of homosapien-ness, but even apes can use sign language. I remain skeptical.
Bennett learned he has two hands.
I learned that yesterday was the 29th.
Bennett learned to get his fingers in his mouth.
Rocky learned that we can still have dinner with friends.
Bennett learned if you accidentally hit things with your hands, they can come back and bite you.
I learned co-workers are kind enough to ignore the spit-up on your blazer.
Bennett learned that Atticus likes his hands too.
Rocky learned that seven hours of uninterrupted sleep is priceless.
Bennett learned that no matter how hard he tries, he can not fit his entire fist in his mouth.
I learned to accept that my baby is losing his hair.
Poor Bennett has two hands, ten fingers, two opposable thumbs and a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment