Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dolly Parton and I have something else in common

We are both singing 9 to 5.

That's right, Mr. Bennett slept from 9 pm until 5 am. What a gift! I have been trying not to get into the nitty gritty parenting stories here, but I need to brag on my baby for a bit.

We're trying to work towards a new schedule for when I go back to work. Bennett's still been eating every two hours, so this week we are attempting to stretch his feedings to two and a half hours. I was worried it could affect our night sleeping, but so far it has been the opposite.

The other tactic Bennett and I are trying to work towards is E.A.S.Y: eat, activity, sleep, your time. He had been moving in that direction on his own for a few weeks, but this week when he wasn't napping on his own, I was going through our night time routines to help him sleep. So far, it's worked like a charm.

I have already seen some big changes in his disposition. He's smiling more. He's crying less. He doesn't have a screaming fit to fall asleep. Maybe it is true that baby's like predictability. Maybe it is the extra sleep. Maybe it is just because he's getting older. But this kid is so much fun!

It is the best way to make a livin!

No comments:

Post a Comment