Monday, November 14, 2011

What We've Been Up to

We've been to the doctor three times in two weeks and had several after-hour phone calls to the nurse.  There have been falls and band-aids and "incident reports" at daycare.  On top of the self-inflicted wounds, there have been a few wounds of the germ variety.  My once healthy baby has had his first fever last week.  It turned out he had an adverse reaction to a vaccine and his little self got a mini version of the mumps.  He wasn't contagious and his twenty-four hour fever and four days with the bumps were a small price to pay for a lifetime of immunity.  We were home-bound and I missed work.  It wasn't fun handling a fussy, sad baby.  But he actually let me cuddle with him.

Rocky and I went on a date on a Wednesday night.  Our babysitter is in high demand, so we were relegated to a weeknight, but that also meant we were able to try a new restaurant and not worry about waiting for a table.  We tried City House because I had heard lovely things about the Pork Belly Pizza and their house cocktails. I would have to say it was a winner.

Beyond the hot dates, another lovely part of living in Music is the music.  Shocker, I know!  My mom, dad and I got to attend the taping of the upcoming ABC Country Christmas special.  Faith Hill, Vince Gill, Martina McBride, Rascall Flats, Hootie, Kelly Pickler and a whole mess of second and third and tenth runners-up of American Idol were there.  Ooh, and Miss Piggy.  If each musical number didn't require third and fourth takes, it would have been a lovely free evening.  At least I got some holiday outfit inspiration from Jennifer Nettles.  I thought this one would really stand out at Midnight Mass.


I also came to the sad conclusion that all of my creative brainpower is being spent on keeping Bennett giggling.  There is little to spare for Flashback Friday these days.  While I will stop short of claiming that its on hiatus, it will be more of a sporadic rather than weekly occurrence.   I suppose I just lost all but one of my blog readers.  Mom, you're still there, right?

But don't hate me, I still have cute kid photos to share.  Let's all thank Mama Snyder for the cutest sweater of all time.  Rawr.
He's thrilled.
I am this many.



Happy Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment