Friday, March 30, 2012

Weekend Update

Posting has been light (well, lighter than usual) because I have been a bit busy.  Between searching for my kid under tables, dressing him in winter garb and teaching him to drive, we've been busy. 
Oh, there you are!
It was his idea!
Who needs to reach the breaks?
Work has kept us very busy this week with fundraisers, practice group dinners, networking, reading, writing and litigating.  And meeting the Governor. 
Meeting my second favorite governor.
But last weekend, we actually participated in a social outing, with adults and cocktails and small shellfish, neither kin nor barnacles.  It was our first crawfish boil and it felt silly and Southern and a little redneck spending the afternoon in a parking lot.  But it was a lovely way to enjoy a sunny afternoon with old friends and new friends. 

As the saying goes, "a watched pot never boils."  Well, let me assure you it does, just a few hours longer than you would expect.  It gave me plenty of time to run around taking pictures for the good of the blog.  And no, I did not suck any craw fish heads, I had the boy do it for me.  All in all, it was a good week, but I am still so glad it's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment