Friday, February 8, 2013

Webby


To most this is a picture of some scribble.  To a mother, this is the evolution of an artist.  You see, Bennett typically likes to draw with one color, big giant circles with some angry dots thrown in for good measure.  Other times, his creation is limited to one corner or a stray line as he runs off to the next activity. 

When I picked up his art at school, I was thrilled to see this artistic interpretation.  It wasn't a landscape or a still life, but when a mother anticipates another answer of "circles" you'll be delighted when you hear him reply, "spider webs."  I'm sure my face lit up and I hugged him a little too tight.  I think I'll just pretend it has nothing to do with the fact he found a web in his room, or the fact that he's watched a certain Curious George episode with spider webs one too many times. 

My kid has an imagination!  It's almost like that time when he told his grandmother that he ate the soap and therefor couldn't take a bath.  Except that time he was just plain old lying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment