Monday, February 25, 2013

Our Weekend

I haven't done a weekend post in ages.  I think it has something to do with the fact that we don't do much on weekends these days.  Typically, they involve nursing a head cold, running errands, cleaning and watching too much Curious George.  This weekend was different, I got out of the house, ran errands, cleaned, and watched too much Cars. You'd think I had photo evidence of said weekend.  But when evaluating my camera, it mostly looks like this:

BUT, Friday night my parents invited me to go to my first NHL Hockey game in twenty-something years.  Coming from Minnesota I always thought Nashville's obsession with "ice hockey" was strange.  Now, I understand.  The showboating and craziness is sort of a cross between the WWE and college football.  Prior to the Preds loosing game I said hockey wasn't how I spent my entertainment budget.  After watching a thirty-foot feline face descend from the rafters and a dead fish thrown onto the ice, I might have to change my tune.
The remainder of the weekend was spent on playdates, soaking up some spring-like sun and watching movies.  Rocky and I managed to see a third of the Oscar Best Movie contenders in the 8 days leading up to the show.  Not too shabby considering we hadn't seen one until last Saturday.  I have to say I got a little emotional at the conlusion of Argo.  After watching Good Will Hunting on continuous repeat during college, I feel like my big brother grew up and made something of himself.  I was so happy to see him win!
Then, Sunday night Bennett was kind enough to invite us to his place for supper.  It was one of the highlights of my weekend. 
Otherwise, I was breaking up lots of fights over here. 
Brothers.  Can't live with'em can't live without 'em.  

No comments:

Post a Comment