Friday, July 16, 2010

Flashback Friday: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way Home from the Wedding

Like many brides, my wedding day feels like a bit of a blur. I had a wonderful time but I really didn’t care the flowers turned out hot pink, the dj played the Lion King or that I was hot and sweaty all night. This all came as a major surprise as I am one of those girls that had dreamed about her wedding for years. I dreamt about the dress and the cake and the perfect historic home (or riverside BBQ joint). Along the way, I stopped caring about the details and dress. I really just wanted to be married already.

We had a long engagement and had been dating almost 5 years. We may have been just kids at 24 and 25, but we were ready to make it official. It felt as if we were just going through the motions all day and I couldn’t wait to wake up as Mrs. King and have all the wedding shenanigans behind me.

So, when the limo pulled up after the reception to whisk us away it felt like we could finally savor the moment. It was only 11:00. I had been dancing my dupa off for hours. I was hyped up and thirsty. But where do you go in Knoxville on a Saturday night in a wedding dress? Sonic! I was able to finally enjoy my day with a delightful cherry limeade.


Perhaps my pink stained lips prompted the couple we rode up the hotel elevator with to ask us if we were just coming back from Prom. I guess we really did look that young.

No comments:

Post a Comment