Friday, July 2, 2010

Flashback Friday: There's Something About Mary

In honor of little Mary's birthday on Sunday, this post's for you!
In one of our more flattering Halloween photo appearances (at least costume wise, not very flattering of the late 80's decor...), please note the appearance of snow boots in October. Not only were these costumes very figure flattering, but also allowed us to wear long johns, snow pants and winter coats. Now that makes for a winning costume.
 
I don't know how I could have enjoyed a Halloween, survived a family vacation or been able to go to the bathroom in my wedding dress if it weren't for my sister. It has been a lifetime of some crazy antics, Windex in the eye, accidental golf cart crashing, divulging my weight to an entire fourth grade class, but I wouldn't have changed a minute of it for the world.
 
Even though we've been separated for almost ten years by at least 1000 miles, she remains one of my closest confidants. She has the ability to make me look at something from another perspective, like sometimes you do really need 28 pairs of socks for a weekend at the cabin. She can be honest with me about some of my more questionable fashion choices, like the ignorance of packing more socks. And she lets me know that I am on the right track, like ahem cough finding Rocky.
I am so excited to see her as an aunt. I know if she gives B.B. King half the love she gives to stranger's kids, he's one lucky guy.
 
Love you Mar!

No comments:

Post a Comment