Friday, July 9, 2010

Flashback Friday: Sweet Suities

It's high time I introduce y'all to my junior year roommates. Pictured: Aubrey, Myself, Mel, Chandni, Martha and Sarah.

We came together rather randomly, a pair, a threesome and a highly sought-after single lady. Tempt the single lady with a single room and boom, you fill a Towers suite. Along the way, I found the five ladies who will always be a part of my college memories and hopefully a permanent fixture in my future.

Sadly, in the midst of stressful classes, a persistent boy in East Tennessee, knee surgery and physical therapy, I took the amazing women that were helping me stay above water for granted. At the time, I didn't fully realize what a vital role they were playing in my life story and what a stalwart of my adulthood they would become. In the years since we've graduated, they have helped celebrate engagements, weddings, new jobs, new houses, new cars and now new babies. I feel even more blessed that they are also there to support me when I thought I wouldn't be able to walk again, Nashville homesickness and all the ugly in between.

Undoubtedly, they will be return players in future Flashback Friday posts. I'll just have to leave the juicier anectdotes and incriminating photos for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment