Thursday, June 2, 2011

Four!

Four years ago today, I married my best friend.  Thanks to its arrival in accordance to Memorial Day, we're cursed with an anniversary date that will forever be shared with everyone else's wedding and anniversaries and sales on sofabeds and Saturns. 

The holiday shares so many other memories of my past, they're hard to ignore, even during this time of marital reminiscing.  Nine years ago, Rocky and I attended the Memorial Day Concert on the Mall, the first of several incognito dates.  Seven years ago, I moved to Arlington.  Four years ago, Rocky and I merged our things into the world's smallest apartment with the world's largest bathroom.  One year ago, we found out Baby King was a B.B. 

We observed the sacred four year anniversary with a night on the town.  Yep, a date!  At night!  With a babysitter!  We ventured to Old Town Alexandria and enjoyed the four course tasting menu with wine pairings at Vermilion.  Four Courses!  Four Wines!

We started off with a bang, a soft shell crab BLT, with avocado and the tomatoes weren't just any tomatoes, they were fried green tomatoes.  So, really it was a SSCBLAFGT.  I think Rocky liked it, but not only do iPhones have poor resolution in low light, they also have poor smile translation.  That might be a "I can't believe we're that couple, AGAIN, face." 

Then we had two more courses of delicious land and sea, but I didn't want to make Rocky pretend to be having a good time posing for blog pictures.  By the last course, I threw caution to the wind and posed myself.  Let me just say the red that paired with my chocolate tart was well, not yum.  Rocky's however was more my glass of champagne.

Chocolate Tart with Virginia Peanuts and Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
My lands that is a purple shirt and a funny face.
Fourth Course, Obvi aaand I don't get out much
Four years doesn't seem like all that long until you consider how many moves, how many degrees, how many miles, how many jobs, how many dogs and babies, and how many glasses of wine have brought us here.  No matter how far we've come and how far we'll go, I couldn't imagine a better partner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment