Thursday, April 5, 2012

What I Envisioned

Rocky and I discussed our move to Nashville for years and years.  There were several images I had in mind when I fantasized about our life in Tennessee.

Relaxing on our Front Porch

I would broaden my appreciation for southern literature beyond Pat Conroy, Katherine Stockett and Lee Smith to include Eudora Welty and William Faulkner.

We would perfect our recipes for fried chicken and peach cobbler.


We would subscribe to Southern Living, Garden and Gun and American Rifleman

We would attend the Derby, not just Derby Parties

Our children's wardrobes would be filled with monogrammed couture.

But sometimes our reality is a little different.  Our home resembles more sharecropper shack than southern bungalow.  Our days are filled with near-90 degree temperatures in March, bugs the size of Texas, and burnt chicken.  And then there are those nasty opossums.

  That's what today feels like.  The South is biting back!

No comments:

Post a Comment