Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Single Momming It

 I would make a terrible single parent.  I should know, since I've had a glimpse into the life for going on a week now.  Rocky has been preparing for trial that begins today.  I would be driving there to drag him back home any moment now if he didn't seem to be loving his work, fifteen hour days and all.

Bennett would probably appreciate a dad around the house if only because:

He kept saying pants, pants.  I praised him for correctly identifying his article of clothing, when what he really meant was: "You put two legs in one pant you incompetent woman!"
 
I sent him to school in his pajama pants.  He wouldn't take them off even when he sat in a puddle.
 
I force him to attend educational outings to puppet shows and take silly pictures to commemorate the event.
 
In a mere three hours, I was able to single-handedly assemble his new kitchen.  Too bad, I don't have the skills to build a cupboard door to stay closed. 
 
A simple supper requires two trips to the grocery store, one in the rain, and he still won't eat it.
 

On the bright side, I have time to read a book, schedule long-overdue phone dates with friends and watch two entire seasons of Downton Abbey.  I think the boy still loves me, but I know he still misses his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment