Saturday, May 26, 2012

Congrats My Friend!

I can't express how excited I am to be celebrating this lovely lady today.  Ami and I go waaaay back, back to glasses and braces back.  Back to a day when she let her hair go curly and I straightened mine.  Back to student council, back to JV tennis, back to uuumanities.  I ruined her reputation once upon a time for giggling too hard in class. I'm pretty sure we were laughing about the inconvenience of overalls.  That's so far back, overalls are back.

But I love her like a sister.  We don't see each other often enough, but being with her makes you feel like you haven't spent a minute apart.  Your face hurts from smiling, your stomach hurts from laughing, and your heart hurts because you know it will be a million years until you see her again.  Ami is just something special. 

We've seen each other make a few relationship mistakes, ie, overalls, head banging and taking Indian boys to honky tonks.  Yet here we are, eight million dates later, a decade and a half later, five cross-continent moves later, a baby later, and we're finally toasting to the relationship she's been waiting for.  He's smart and confident, funny and kind, just like Ami.  We may have spent a long time waiting for today, but Ami is worth any wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment