Friday, August 24, 2012

Flashback Friday: Tweet Tweet


My dad still talks about this sweathsirt, my Tweety Bird shirt.  It was a Christmas gift from my Grandma June and I was totally enamored with it.  I thought it was so special that it should be worn with a fancy skirt and matching tights.  I'm sure I was wearing my yellow and purple Chuck Taylors to draw out the gold hues in the screenprint. 

This is also photographic evidence of my buck-tooth phase.  Thankfully, the era was short lived because I still had my baby teeth and I didn't actually have buck-teeth.  My sweet babysitter had a granddaughter a few years older than me, Jessica.  She was tall and blonde and in elementary school.  Jessica also had buck-teeth, bless her heart.  I wanted nothing more than be just like her, toothy grin and all.  It's kind of funny that I wanted a Tweety shirt than a bugs bunny one, no?


No comments:

Post a Comment