Friday, September 2, 2011

Flashback Friday: Back to School


With a title like that, you were picturing a pigtailed Allison, no?  Instead you've got a group of grumpy coeds. 

You certainly know you've found your niche in college when your roommates agree it's important to keep tradition alive and pose for a first day photo.  Combine that with cinderblock walls, a futon and August frizz, you've certainly captured the essence of your junior year in one single moment.  Little did I know that this was the first day of the year that would change my life forever.  My joints would never be the same.  I'd fall in love with Southern literature and a southern boy.  And amidst it all, the stress of living with five roommates would cement us for good.  Between broken ligaments and broken blenders, ladybug massages, dishes in the sink, and one silly staged photo on a disposable camera, bonds were being made for lifetime.  I just didn't know it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment